After taking our two-day Adult MHFA course you will be able to:
- Recognise the symptoms of mental health issues
- Provide initial help
- Guide a person towards appropriate professional help
MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but once you’ve completed the two day course you will be able to say you’re a Mental Health First Aider.
What will I learn?
Our quality assured MHFA instructors deliver training that has been designed to fit into four manageable chunks. These are:
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
In each section you’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues.
A CPD certificate will be issued to all attendees of the course.
For more information please contact us
The Healthy Work is helping to bridge gaps in non-technical or “soft skills” training for health and safety professionals. So far we have seen representatives from ITV, Heathrow Airport, Laing O Rourke, BT, Bupa and ISG go through our courses among others.
Most of our training to date has been in house, but by popular demand we are forming a CPD certified open course in London dealing with the three most popular topics from our bookings so far, which include influencing, listening skills and time management.
Feedback from previous delegates “Very engaging, exceeded my expectations, relevant, a great group and very well facilitated”, “Great session which has me thinking”, “This sort of session unlocks the hidden passion and enthusiasm of so many who have hidden it”.
The course takes place on 28 September in Central London, the cost (including refreshments) is £395. Register using the link below or contact us for more information.
Healthy Work will be sponsoring the Café at Safety and Health Expo on 2017 which takes place at London’s ExCeL Come and have a cup of tea with us!